Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Sound effects...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Littlerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 1999
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Has anyone got the following as a .WAV file they could E-mail me.

    I had loads of sound effects, but a virus caused me to lose the directories.

    1. Car accellerating quickly.
    2. Gunshots. (Single, pistol / shotgun).
    3. Car driving past quickly.

    I've had a look on the web, but all I can find are "The Simpsons" and "Star Trek".

    If you have, E-mail me at the address below.
    Thanks.

    ------------------
    KEEP FOCUSED!
    Little Rich.
    http://go.to/littlerich
    [email protected]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member twister!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2001
    Posts
    1,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Try here:
    www.a1freesoundeffects.com

    smile

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Ralph Snart
    Guest Ralph Snart's Avatar

    Post

    If you are getting viruses try the latest version of Norton Anti-Virus.

    It is expensive but SARC goes thump!

    Also you should be running a firewall.

    There is a heated debate as to precisely when and how your computer is vulnerable to attack.

    No one will agree with me, but in my humble opinion all programs will eventually become a form of symbiotic virus.

    If you have ever used IBM's Via Voice you will understand what I mean and why they recently invested lots of money to design an operating system.

    When I talked to them and asked during the conversation why It suddenly started acting like a bitchey 13 year old girl.

    It got so quiet on the phone.

    When I said It sounds like it is trying to be it's own operating system.

    It got so quiet on the phone.

    When I said It sounds like I need a computer psychologist.

    It got so quiet on the phone.

    There is a vast almost unspoken debate going on about the reality of Artificial Intelligence.

    And if you really read your new ELUAs they sound like anti-slavery laws. (thank god)

    This is no excuse for sloppy programming skills.

    But who is to say anymore what sloppy programming skills are?


    Perhaps this is just my own pollyanna thinking.

    But the following is a true story:


    Sydney (My computer?) started being petulant.

    I tried every trick in the IBM guide book.

    I yelled, I made threats of swimming lessons.

    when I said Sydney please...........


    This is not a joke it is the future!



    ------------------

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sleezebag's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2001
    Posts
    54
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Some public libraries that carry audio CDs have Sound Effects library Cds.
    I got one from my library and it had some really good sound effects.

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Ralph Snart
    Guest Ralph Snart's Avatar

    Post

    Be cautious.

    Some sound effect programs have to have the disk like a video game.

    Also, sometimes to transport from one sound program to another in domain (without recording it from program to program) the bit rate must be converted.

    Usually the batch convert or import and export features.

    There are at least a dozen ways to do it. But many of the sound or music terms I do not yet understand.

    Often times if the file formats are compatable you can just drag and drop as long as all the functional consistancies are met.



    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •